RECIPES FOR NEW AMERICANS
Veggie Egg Bake
What feeds more people than half a dozen eggs? Not much these days. This is an easy recipe that serves four to six people, and any leftovers heat up easily in a microwave.
- 1 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups of Mozarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 cup of chopped brocolli
- 1 cup of asparagus, cut into one-inch lengths
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried) or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt butter in a large pan. Briefly sautee onions then the vegetables (one to two minutes)
3. Cover the bottom of a nine-inch baking pan with the cheese (1 cup Swiss, 1 cup Mozz.)
4. Beat eggs. Add in milk, flour, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper
5. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
6. Spead the vegetables evenly over the egg mixture.
7. Cover with the remaining 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Here's a pdf for this recipe.